Preventing School Dropouts
Preventing School Dropouts Course aims to recognize and raise awareness of behaviorally challenging children and focuses what is going on within and how to handle and treat such emotionally vulnerable children.
Minimum number of participants required for the opening of the course is 8.
- : Instructor : not assigned yet
- : 08-12 June 2020 (1 week) | 07-11 June 2021 (1 week) | 13-17 June 2022 (1week)
- : Marbella / Spain (The course center has not been determined yet.)
Share this course on social networks
Program Fee: 350 €
- : Include training course
- : Not include food accommodation
- : Not include airport transfer
- : Not include local transportation
- : Not include accommodation
- : Not include Guide Service
- : Not include Cultural activity
Note : This program includes only training course and price is only for one participant for 1 week(only weekdays).
Note :If you have another project topic, we can help you on the subject. But your participant's number is less than 8, service provider has right to change the course date but if you have more than 8 , you can determine the course dates as you want
Overview and Course Background
To prevent school dropouts, schools need to develop a systemic approach that includes simultaneous activities on multiple levels: work with teachers, work with parents and work with pupils. Preventing School Dropouts Course aims to recognize and raise awareness of behaviorally challenging children and focuses what is going on within and how to handle and treat such emotionally vulnerable children.
Participants are guided through practical steps of the topic with a combination of lectures, working in pairs/ groups, role play, discussion and examples from practice. The course focuses on step-by-step preventing methods through easy-to-follow exercises combined with case discussions.
The course is designed for all the teachers and professional workers in schools who would like to learn different methods and approaches for better understanding, working with, treating and managing emotionally vulnerable children and adolescents. Who Can Apply?: Teachers, teacher trainers, Head teachers / Principals
You will receive a certificate from ETFA(European Training Faculty OÜ)
Course ObjectivesBy this course, participants will learn:
- To collect data about student performance and characteristics related to dropping out
- To identify potential problems early in the student's school experience Have the capacity to perform well under pressure
- Incentives and supports to improve attendance
- To encourage parent involvement
- To help students to identify strengths and areas of interest and to explore career options that maximize interests and skills.
|WEEK 1||The Warm-Up: 1st week program, Aims and Objectives, Action Plan||Introduction: Dropout Rates, Factors that influence school leaving||Identifying Students at Risk #1: Monitoring students’ sense of engagement and belonging in school||Identifying Students at Risk #2: Collecting and documenting accurate information on students absenteeism||Identifying Students at Risk #3: Identifying Special Needs|
|...||Core Strategies #1: Family Engagement, Collaboration with parents||Core Strategies #2: Teacher Engagement, Providing Academic Support||Core Strategies #3: Individualized Instruction, Personalizing Learning Environment||Alternative School Settings: Focus on alternative education settings, Considering postsecondary goals||Case Studies: Prevention of Dropouts, Solutions|