Child Abuse: Recognition & Reporting
The purpose of Child Abuse: Recognition & Reporting Course is to enable participants in all practice settings to define child abuse and identify the children who are affected by this matter.
Minimum number of participants required for the opening of the course is 8.
- : Instructor : not assigned yet
- : 08-12 June 2020 (1 week) | 07-11 June 2021 (1 week) | 13-17 June 2022 (1week)
- : Marbella / Spain (The course center has not been determined yet.)
Share this course on social networks
Program Fee: 350 €
- : Include training course
- : Not include food accommodation
- : Not include airport transfer
- : Not include local transportation
- : Not include accommodation
- : Not include Guide Service
- : Not include Cultural activity
Note : This program includes only training course and price is only for one participant for 1 week(only weekdays).
Note :If you have another project topic, we can help you on the subject. But your participant's number is less than 8, service provider has right to change the course date but if you have more than 8 , you can determine the course dates as you want
Overview and Course Background
The purpose of Child Abuse: Recognition & Reporting Course is to enable participants in all practice settings to define child abuse and identify the children who are affected by this matter. The course describes how a victim can be accurately diagnosed and identifies the community resources available in the state for child abuse victims.
Participants are guided through informative steps of the topic with a combination of lectures, case studies and group discussions. The couse focuses on step-by-step lectures through easy-to-follow exercises combined with case studies. Participants are actively involved in all sessions.
This course is designed for all participants to assist in the identification, education and prevention of child abuse. Who Can Apply?: All physicians, physician assistants, nurses, social workers, allied health professionals, primary and secondary school teachers, managers and other staff.
You will receive a certificate from ETFA(European Training Faculty OÜ)
Course ObjectivesUpon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Realize the emergence of the child welfare system
- Define child abuse and identify the different forms of child abuse
- Distinguish among various behavioral and environmental characteristics of abusive parents
- Recognize the warning signs on the children who are affected
- Identify the professional’s role in child abuse identification and reporting
|WEEK 1||The Warm-Up: 1st week program, Aims and Objectives, Action Plan||Introduction: Historical Context, Definitions of Child Abuse||Forms of Child Abuse: Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Emotional Abuse||Recognition of Child Abuse: Distinguishing Characteristics of Abusive Parents||Case Studies: Investigating Child Abuse Events|
|...||Epidemiology of Child Abuse: National Prevalence, Worldwide Facts||Recognizing Warning Signs: Indication factors/clues of Child Abuse: Parent and Child||Consequences of Child Abuse: Effects of Child Abuse, Cognitive, Behavioral and Developmental Outcomes||Reporting Suspected Child Abuse: Mandated Reporters, Process of Reporting||Case Studies: Recognition and Reporting Exercises|